During November, December and January each year, our judges seek to visit over 200 professional pantomimes – looking for nominations for the UK Pantomime Awards. We are currently recruiting new judges to join our experienced team, who will cover the length and breadth of the UK.
We aim to ensure they represent the diverse nature of pantomime audiences, and welcome applications from people who have experience which might include:
- Professional pantomime performance or production credit
- Journalistic/reviewing background
- Seasoned audience members with a critical eye
What will a Judge be required to do?
- Watch approximately 8 performances in their region
- Commit time to complete and submit a show report via the awards portal
Benefits of being a Judge
- Complimentary tickets for pantomime performances within an agreed region
- An invitation to The Pantomime Awards judging conference
- Tickets for The Pantomime Awards ceremony
All judges are volunteers.
Judges will be required to attend a training session about the judging process and shown how to use the UK Pantomime Awards Portal.
How to apply
The UK Pantomime Association aims to celebrate, support and champion diversity and inclusivity in our work.
We aspire to engage our judges from a diverse group of volunteers. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and acknowledge the importance of lived experience, as well as the significant role local audiences play in regional pantomime’s production and reception.
Applications are especially welcome from disabled and neurodiverse individuals, members of the LGBTQI+ community, and people from the global majority, in particular those with African, Caribbean, Middle Eastern, North African, South Asian or South East Asian heritage, as these voices are currently underrepresented in our team.
All prospective judges will be asked to complete a short questionnaire to outline their relevant experience and register their interest.
Deadline : 26th August at Midnight
For more information or any questions you have, please contact us.